Lily Pad Haven is a nonprofit organization that provides housing for survivors of human trafficking. We have a network of safe houses which can each house up to two guests. Our guests are referred by Government and Non-government organizations that work with victims of human trafficking.
We do not limit the length of stay of our guests as each of their stories and needs is very different. We work with our community partners to provide the services needed for our guests to transition back into society.
Our funding comes from charitable donations of individuals as well as from partnerships we have developed.
Guests must be:
- Female, 18 years of age or older
- A victim of human trafficking
- Able to stay in an unsupervised home unless referring agency is providing needed supervision
- Requesting to receive help and not being brought to a Lily Pad Haven home against their will
- Referred by a government or non-government agency where anti-trafficking services are provided
The Lily Pad Haven name has strong significance and is symbolic of our mission in many ways. Underneath the luscious green pads and beautiful flowers that make up a lily pad, there is a complicated and intense root system that is determined and unforgiving when it comes to surviving, just as our guests are determined survivors.
Much like the Lily Pad, Lily Pad Haven provides safety, shelter, and respite for our guests who have had many challenging and painful events in their lives. Our hope is that through a loving, secure environment, our guests can navigate their way through the dark water and “vines” that entangle their lives and lead to the light where their past can be healed, hope can be restored, and they can be inspired to live fruitful lives.